experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KristenD77

Predent
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Physician Scribe or Clinical Research (you will need a certificate, but all you do is answer 20-40 questions on easy stuff, it doesn't cost money).

Physician Scribe or Clinical Research (you will need a certificate, but all you do is answer 20-40 questions on easy stuff, it doesn't cost money).
Thank you...do you know how I would go about getting a certificate in NY for Clinical Research...are there any organizations for it such as the ones for scribes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you...do you know how I would go about getting a certificate in NY for Clinical Research...are there any organizations for it such as the ones for scribes?

When I applied for Physician Scribe, there were no certifiates. You just to need to pass a basic medical terminology quiz, and typing speed test, and a heavy background check/drug screening and 3 LORs. I got denied from the position from scribing twice. Once was because I didn't have my LOR in on time (the person was on vaca and "forgot" to send it in), and the second time I failed the typing test (I typed too slow and I knew it :oops:). Do this for great experience to add to your application. You're not going to get more than $15/hour (+/- a dollar or two), so don't do it for the money (especially if your parents aren't financing you). Go to: ema.net for opening positions in the NY area.

As for the Clinical Research, I did it in NY through my undergrad for credits. The certificate is just to make sure you have permission to investigate patients. My supervisor (the attending physician) was our professor, so he somehow gave us a link to it. All you need are immunizations, background check, drug tests, and that CITI certified certificate. This research position didn't require any experience, because our professor taught us how to research and stuff.

There are positions for clinical research...you can search on craigslist or indeed.com. But these positions may require previous hospital experiences/clinical research experiences. Good thing is that you can paid good money though.

When I applied for Physician Scribe, there were no certifiates. You just to need to pass a basic medical terminology quiz, and typing speed test, and a heavy background check/drug screening and 3 LORs. I got denied from the position from scribing twice. Once was because I didn't have my LOR in on time (the person was on vaca and "forgot" to send it in), and the second time I failed the typing test (I typed too slow and I knew it :oops:). Do this for great experience to add to your application. You're not going to get more than $15/hour (+/- a dollar or two), so don't do it for the money (especially if your parents aren't financing you). Go to: ema.net for opening positions in the NY area.

As for the Clinical Research, I did it in NY through my undergrad for credits. The certificate is just to make sure you have permission to investigate patients. My supervisor (the attending physician) was our professor, so he somehow gave us a link to it. All you need are immunizations, background check, drug tests, and that CITI certified certificate. This research position didn't require any experience, because our professor taught us how to research and stuff.

There are positions for clinical research...you can search on craigslist or indeed.com. But these positions may require previous hospital experiences/clinical research experiences. Good thing is that you can paid good money though.
Okay good to know thank you