Experiences information 2021-2022 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

T00thFa1ry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I completed my experiences list and am hoping that someone could tell me if the way I listed my description/key responsibilities is written in a way that is acceptable for the dental school application. Thank you! I am only waiting for my last LOR to be submitted, then hope to submit my application no later than Wednesday.

Dental experience:
My responsibilities include that of an expanded functions dental assistant. I am proficient at following infection control, equipment maintenance, inventory management, schedule management, treatment planning, dental charting; taking digital radiographs, alginate and polyvinyl siloxane impressions; fabricating bleach trays, provisional crown and bridge restorations; pouring and trimming of dental models; placing desensitizing agents, gingival retraction cord, matrix systems, rubber dam, pit and fissure sealants; delivering oral hygiene and post-operative instructions.

Extracurricular activities:
As treasurer of the Pre-Dental Society at Georgia Gwinnett College, my responsibilities included collecting annual membership dues, budget development, financial accountability, and the disbursement of funds for the purpose of recruitment and retention of members. It was also my responsibility to attend all meetings and provide any tools or resources that could benefit other predental students.

Academic enrichment
My responsibilities included the following of general laboratory safety protocols, research, synthesis and analysis of waste oil for use as biofuel. In this experiment, I assisted in obtaining data using a viscometer, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, Fourier-transform nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy, and the Semimicro Oxygen Bomb Calorimeter for the calculations and comparisons made in this study. I led communication with Dr. David Pursell, Professor of Chemistry, and took initiative in obtaining photos for use with the presentation.

Extracurricular activities:
My responsibilities included educating the children of the community at the Boys and Girls Club of metro Atlanta on oral health, dental hygiene technique and to dispense oral hygiene aids.

Volunteer:
During the Community of Smiles community service event at the Center for Cosmetic and Sedation Dentistry, I volunteered a full day of services as a chairside dental assistant helping to provide treatment for composite restorations and dental extraction procedures. Following treatment, I would offer care packages and review post-operative care instructions to each patient under my care.

Members don't see this ad.