Experiences with SNF Consult Work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exodian1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
PGY4 here graduating in June. I’ve been very interested in SNF consult work. Just wanted to know people’s experiences with SNF work especially if anybody has experience with the big groups like Medrina as that’s who I’m mainly talking to now. I was also talking to a smaller local group in the area I want to live in but seems less likely as they seem to have ghosted me for the last 3 weeks since my interview.

Just want some thoughts on groups like Medrina before I sign and is it worth getting a contract lawyer? Not sure if they would be able to negotiate anything for me considering they have hundreds of docs that have signed with them

Members don't see this ad.

Are you willing to post some details of the contract?

I’ve done snf consults, but never did it primarily and wasn’t contracted with a SNF group. From former residents that I trained with, I’m pretty sure all disliked it and got out of those groups with 1-2 years. Most went to inpatient rehab.

Are you willing to post some details of the contract?

I’ve done snf consults, but never did it primarily and wasn’t contracted with a SNF group. From former residents that I trained with, I’m pretty sure all disliked it and got out of those groups with 1-2 years. Most went to inpatient rehab.

It’s a standard 70-30 split. Choose how many days of the week to work (likely will do 4-5). 1099 contract position. I haven’t read too much about the contract so not sure about what else is in the contract but those are the basics that I know.

Inpatient rehab is fine, I’m just not keen on call and I’m moving to a pretty saturated city so idk what the opportunities look like. Haven’t seen anything so far in terms of job opportunities for IPR in the area I want to live in