Experiences with UC Berkeley Extension Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickenlittle84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone have any experience with UC Berkeley Extension classes online? I have taken all the pre-reqs and 4 upper divison courses (biochem, metabolsm, neurobio, and cell bio), and I would like to take a few more science classes throughout this year as I apply to 1) show continued committment to raising my low science gpa, and 2) to prepare to reapply in case things don't go my way.

How is it looked upon by adcoms given its just extra upper division courses? Are the courses difficult? It seems like the science classes just involve a proctored final, is that so? How is the coursework set up, do you turn in regular assignments/problem sets along the way? How do you find a proctor?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

from what i understand, the classes are fairly difficult - if you're just looking for an easy A, look elsewhere. there are weekly assignments, plus the instructor sends out lecture notes. i'm not sure how the proctored final works.