Experiential learning for International Medical Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carlos Yu

Reaction score
Hi,

I am an Ontario family physician interested in medical education. I am offering experiential learning opportunity to students interested to learn about Physician-led Group Psychotherapy in an Ontario family practice.

If you are a medical graduate and is interested to learn more about this opportunity please contact us.

We presently offer clinical electives to medical students from McMaster and U of T. We also host PGY from Queen's University's Family Medicine Residency Program. We are practicum site for MPH program from Western University and Co-op placement site for University of Waterloo Health Studies Program.

I have a special interest in teaching student how to run Physician-led Group Psychotherapy to address patient behaviour that leads to chronic diseases, social emotional problems and addictions as part of providing comprehensive care.

We have presented our work on Physician-led Group Psychotherapy for Department of Family and Community Medicine at University of Toronto, Collaborative Mental Health conference. We have been accepted to present at OnarioMD's Every Step Conference and Family Medicine Forum.

Carlos Yu MD, BMath., CCFP(EM), FCFP, CTH
Ajax Harwood Clinic
88 Harwood Avenue South, Ajax, Ontario, L1S 2H6

Members don't see this ad.