Expiration Date for Unit Dose/Blisters in NYS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmASSIST24

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am wondering if any other NYS pharmacists can comment on how long from the date of repackaging Unit dose Drugs are good for?

They are being dispensed at a retail pharmacy for patients. Wanted to see what is done in practice

Thank,
Collin
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IL it's 1 year or 25% of the remainder of the package expiration date....although I admit I'm not sure if that's actual law or just JCAHO requirement (I just know what I'm supposed to do, not why I'm supposed to do it, haha)