Explain your job as a Radiologist...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike0910

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about having a career in Radiology...please answer my questions

1. Are you happy as a radiologist?
2. do you regret being a radiologist?
3. did you want a different career than radiology?
4. what do you do in your daily life?
5. your years of experience?
6. your annual salary?
7. how many hours do you work a day/week?
8. whats the worst thing you have to do?
9. whats the best thing you get to do?

Members don't see this ad.

So did you go to trade school or city college to be a radiologist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking about having a career in Radiology...please answer my questions

1. Are you happy as a radiologist?
2. do you regret being a radiologist?
3. did you want a different career than radiology?
4. what do you do in your daily life?
5. your years of experience?
6. your annual salary?
7. how many hours do you work a day/week?
8. whats the worst thing you have to do?
9. whats the best thing you get to do?

Also add:
Are you happy with your sex life as a radiologist?

So have long does it take to learn to prescribe acne meds exactly? :p
It doesn't take long to learn how to Rx but it takes long to learn all the esoteric latin adjectives to describe acne so we can maximize our billing codes for it.

Also add:
Are you happy with your sex life as a radiologist?

Probably not, have you seen how most of you guys look. :p

Also add:
Are radiology techs as hot as ICU nurses?

Probably hotter, there is a general rule of thumb hottness is inversely related to level of education.

It doesn't take long to learn how to Rx but it takes long to learn all the esoteric latin adjectives to describe acne so we can maximize our billing codes for it.

Probably not, have you seen how most of you guys look. :p

Probably hotter, there is a general rule of thumb hottness is inversely related to level of education.

In that case, floor nurses should be hotter than ICU nurses, since ICU nurses are way smarter. :D

And Long, why are you browsing the rads forums, having second thoughts about your chosen profession? My aunt in Brooklyn is actually a hair stylist, but she also does laser hair removal on the side (she is not even a physician, obviously), and makes good $$ (and didn't give 8 years of her life to do it). Even I'm jealous. :cool:

And Long, why are you browsing the rads forums, having second thoughts about your chosen profession?

He's taking a break from the rigorous training needed to operate a punch biopsy trephine.

He's taking a break from the rigorous training needed to operate a punch biopsy trephine.

Hummmm what size needle to use? :laugh: I am so new to this site and these threads are awesome. BTW IMO the rad techs are pretty hot. As they do not have the psychological "daddy" issues of many nurses they trump them.:)