Explaining alcohol institutional action - how much detail?

Started by user2992
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

My freshman year, I drank too much before a late night on-campus event and went to the hospital with alcohol poisoning since I was throwing up waiting in line outside the event with a couple friends who were taking care of me. Should I explain the whole thing, including how I was hospitalized, or should I just say underage consumption? How much detail to adcoms generally want?
what's on your school record
or were you charged by the cops
 
My freshman year, I drank too much before a late night on-campus event and went to the hospital with alcohol poisoning since I was throwing up waiting in line outside the event with a couple friends who were taking care of me. Should I explain the whole thing, including how I was hospitalized, or should I just say underage consumption? How much detail to adcoms generally want?
I would leave the bold out, if possible.
 
You need to say, During my freshman year, I was cited for underage drinking on campus by the campus police, (by my RA, by a local police officer). I was required to [insert penalty or other actions the school took].

What kind of event you were attending, how much you drank, how much you weigh, or who held your hair when you threw up is not relevant.