Exploring Pharmacy

Started by deleted92121
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted92121

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Little backround:

22 y/o M
Sr. in college, majoring in EMS
Full-time Paramedic ~ 2 yrs
EMT/Paramedic preceptor
Paramedic class instructor
CPR instructor
Non-science research that took me to Singapore
Leadership positions ~ 1 yr
Numerous volunteering experiences
Numerous EC at different times

That being said, I messed up early in my college career with science classes. I use to want to be a DO, and obviously I would be ok considering they accept retakes. But after being a medic, being a doc ain't for me. I am currently retaking my A&P I and II at the local CC while I work. Also, my Bio I and II are both retakes. My Gen Chem grades are C and C-. However, my Physics and Orgos are As and Bs.

What else can I do to make myself even slightly more competitive. I realize I am not the best candidate but don't think I am screwed.

Thanks,
DXU
 
pharmacy experience would be a big plus 🙂

depending on the schools policy (that you plan to apply to), you might have to take your gen chem class with the C- over.
 
Just make sure you get 90+ on the PCAT and you should be fine. That goes to any pre pharm....
 
Getting a bachelors, rocking the PCAT, pharmacy experience, and do well in the rest of the pre-reqs. Also work really hard on your personal statement and interviewing skills.