Exploring Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

Little backround:

22 y/o M
Sr. in college, majoring in EMS
Full-time Paramedic ~ 2 yrs
EMT/Paramedic preceptor
Paramedic class instructor
CPR instructor
Non-science research that took me to Singapore
Leadership positions ~ 1 yr
Numerous volunteering experiences
Numerous EC at different times

That being said, I messed up early in my college career with science classes. I use to want to be a DO, and obviously I would be ok considering they accept retakes. But after being a medic, being a doc ain't for me. I am currently retaking my A&P I and II at the local CC while I work. Also, my Bio I and II are both retakes. My Gen Chem grades are C and C-. However, my Physics and Orgos are As and Bs.

What else can I do to make myself even slightly more competitive. I realize I am not the best candidate but don't think I am screwed.

Thanks,
DXU

Members don't see this ad.

pharmacy experience would be a big plus :)

depending on the schools policy (that you plan to apply to), you might have to take your gen chem class with the C- over.

Just make sure you get 90+ on the PCAT and you should be fine. That goes to any pre pharm....

Getting a bachelors, rocking the PCAT, pharmacy experience, and do well in the rest of the pre-reqs. Also work really hard on your personal statement and interviewing skills.