Externship in US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nosheen

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was looking for a forum of IMGs for quite some time & I am really glad to find this one. I am an IMG from Pakitan. I graduated last year from Khyber Medical College, Peshawar. I have done my step 1 with a score of 99 & am going to take the 2nd step in January most probably. I intend to apply for the 2003 Match but before that I would like to gain some US clinical experience. Can somebody suggest some hospitals in the US that can offer me an attachment? There is one more concern. Does anyone know if CSA & a Clinical Attachment are good enough reasons to get a visitor visa? I intend to go be in the US by september next year to be well in time for my CSA, Clinical Attachment & Step 3. Any help will be really welcome especially regarding the "EXternship Info". Can anybody suggest a website or hospitals that offer attachments especially in Pediatrics?

I hope to have some feedback soon.

Regards,
Nosheen Javed

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Nosheen,

Please be so kind and advise me how did you do to take 99 on Step 1.

How many months did you study and how many hours per day ?

Would you like to send me the list of the books you've studied ?

Thank you kindly !

Every best wish,
Adrian

Well, where do you want to go? A lot of students train in the state of New York.

Also, you can check out the AAMC website and/or the ECFMG website (if you eventually want to apply to do a residency, etc.).

Good luck!

-Skip