Extra classes to boost GPA after college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duke12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a sophomore and my gpa isn't too great so far (3.4) I've a had an upward trend and hope to continue making mostly A's but I'm not sure my gpa will be high enough by the time I graduate (I'd like a 3.7). If I take extra science classes at a local university (public) after I graduate for another year will that affect my gpa when I'm applying to med school? I was going to take a gap year (anyway) and do research and take a few classes as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a sophomore and my gpa isn't too great so far (3.4) I've a had an upward trend and hope to continue making mostly A's but I'm not sure my gpa will be high enough by the time I graduate (I'd like a 3.7). If I take extra science classes at a local university (public) after I graduate for another year will that affect my gpa when I'm applying to med school? I was going to take a gap year (anyway) and do research and take a few classes as well.

Yes it will if they are undergrad courses. It'll be considered postbac but it's lumped with your uGPA