Extra clinical research during PhD years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tubeofbread

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

So I've recently decided that I'm strongly considering going into urology, but am pretty set on my PhD path/lab. My research will be a bit of oncology/micro with some basic science links to urology, but I'm thinking about potentially doing some basic (med student like) clinical urology research on the side on evenings/weekends. Anyone done something similar or thoughts on it? I of course would still put in the same amount of time into the lab I would otherwise, this would just be something to do on the side when not physically at the lab.