Extra Recommendation Letters

Started by Roo2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Roo2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized that I overlooked Hopkins' recommendation guidelines when submitting my application... I sent four science LORs instead of two. Is this going to seriously hurt my application? They have a space in their secondary to write your LOR authors; will they be able to figure out which ones I meant to send from there? If not, is there a way to recall rec letters after the AMCAS application is submitted? 😡

Edit: Also, if I submitted the application before the 10/15 deadline and then resubmitted it afterward with an extra rec letters, will the schools with the 10/15 deadline still consider the application?
 
Last edited:
I just realized that I overlooked Hopkins' recommendation guidelines when submitting my application... I sent four science LORs instead of two. Is this going to seriously hurt my application? They have a space in their secondary to write your LOR authors; will they be able to figure out which ones I meant to send from there? If not, is there a way to recall rec letters after the AMCAS application is submitted? 😡

Edit: Also, if I submitted the application before the 10/15 deadline and then resubmitted it afterward with an extra rec letters, will the schools with the 10/15 deadline still consider the application?

I would ask the admissions office at Hopkins for answers to your questions.