Extracare Pharmacy Benefits Rewards Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unsure90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
"I've been picking up my prescriptions here all year and you guys always scan my card but I've never gotten any rewards"
"I used to get rewards but now I never get them"

\halp

Is there a way to backtrack and give somebody the rewards they were due for the past year?

From my understanding, to sign somebody up you just need to scan the barcode on the back of one of their prescriptions and scan their physical extracare card. From that point on all drugs on their profile are eligible for points toward the Pharmacy Benefits & Rewards Program but they still have to scan their extracare card every time they're picking up (or enter their phone number that's linked to that card to earn the points).

If there's a family member with the same card, you also just scan the barcode on the back of one of their drugs' prescriptions and now they are earning points jointly.

Am I doing something wrong??

I don't know what to tell these people. Like maybe they accidentally opted out during that annual HIPAA agreement thing? I don't know. Doesn't the receipt normally tell you your rewards earned and how much more you need for the $5 if you're enrolled? So maybe if it doesn't say that on the receipt, that's how you can tell they're not enrolled??

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there's anyway to backtrack. It's funny, usually when I offer to sign people up, they're like "how come nobody told me about this before?" And to be fair, CVS doesn't exactly do a great job advertising how to sign up, and how many points you have etc. It seems like 70% of the people scanning their EC cards aren't even signed up! It's crazy. But, you're right. Scanning the back barcode is the only way I know how to do it in the store.

Reactions: 1 user
This happened once. Lady was new to cvs and brought in 10 scripts from hospital for father. She asked why she did not get the $5 extrabucks. I just manually printed the extrabucks for her.
Maybe have them call 1800shopcvs. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think there's anyway to backtrack. It's funny, usually when I offer to sign people up, they're like "how come nobody told me about this before?" And to be fair, CVS doesn't exactly do a great job advertising how to sign up, and how many points you have etc. It seems like 70% of the people scanning their EC cards aren't even signed up! It's crazy. But, you're right. Scanning the back barcode is the only way I know how to do it in the store.
Haha yeah I get that a lot too when I float to other stores. I swear I was signing up almost every person at pick up once.

This happened once. Lady was new to cvs and brought in 10 scripts from hospital for father. She asked why she did not get the $5 extrabucks. I just manually printed the extrabucks for her.
Maybe have them call 1800shopcvs. Lol
How do you manually print it? I feel like I'm always referring people to that 1800shopcvs line lol

you can just hit issue extra bucks on the register and give them some to shut them up but calling will get them added on