Extracurricular/Voluteer/Community Service Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCalDent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who applied last cycle, I am wondering to what extent do you put volunteer/service activities in that section of the application. I don't know if I should feel silly putting down that I volunteered at for 4 hours one saturday etc. Is that too superficial? Should I just put everything down I have ever done. there is not really any answers in the FAQ section. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I put the bs things I did down...but that is because i didnt have much volunteer/community service.

If it was completely irrelevant I may have left it out...it is a pain finding all the dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should too...
When I was being interviewed at NYU, the interviewer asked me about basically every single one of my volunteer/community experience.
As long as you can say that you learned something from it, I think you should put it on your application.

Wait I'm confused, what do you guys mean? I volunteered in some shelters and stuff, but I couldn't tell you when...should I still list it, it was for a weekend each or something...:confused:

dianna, I would definitely put that down. Just come up with something close to the dates. I was wondering more for things like 2 hours at this shelter, or 3 hours at special olympics etc.