Extracurriculars for Caribbean Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LincolnTwins

Oh no this is not what I
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about ECs lately and outside of the obvious volunteering, clinical experience, and shadowing -- are there any other unofficial pre-reqs for caribbean med schools?

What ECs did you go in with to your Caribbean school?

For example, is research an unofficial pre-req for caribbean med schools, like it is for U.S. med schools? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been wondering about ECs lately and outside of the obvious volunteering, clinical experience, and shadowing -- are there any other unofficial pre-reqs for caribbean med schools?

What ECs did you go in with to your Caribbean school?

For example, is research an unofficial pre-req for caribbean med schools, like it is for U.S. med schools? Thanks.

These are US owned and Operated Medical Schools taught (mostly) by US Factulty... so the same sorts of ECs that would be appealing to any other school will be help your application to the caribbean schools. But remember get involved early in those particular things that interest you. Starting a bunch of activities just before you apply to enhance your resume is fairly transparent. Schools want to see that your passionate about what you do.

Like the above poster mentioned, do ECs in things you love and also make sure to see what REAL healthcare is like so you do not end up unhappy when you see the real thing.