Extracurriculars for potential peds resident

Started by modernfam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

modernfam

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I’m planning a bit far in advance, but I’m currently a D1 and was interested in a position at my school’s ASDA group. I’m already a newly elected community service coordinator for my D1 class and was thinking about adding asda in the mix since it intrigues me and I’ve never been a part of a large organization even in undergrad. Since I’m thinking of doing pediatrics later on, should I stick with strictly involving myself more in peds or just try these positions this year and go with the flow?
 
I say try these positions and go with the flow. You can always join the peds club if they have one too as another group.

Back when I was applying, I was general member of the peds club and Vp for one of the dental fraternities. All the "peds" stuff came from helping residents with research, externships, shadowing private offices and talking with the peds faculty.