Extracurriculars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When listing my extracurricular, it won't allow me to save and continue unless I select either compensated, received academic enrichment or volunteer. It is none of these, it's just extracurricular.
What are other people doing?

Members don't see this ad.

When listing my extracurricular, it won't allow me to save and continue unless I select either compensated, received academic enrichment or volunteer. It is none of these, it's just extracurricular.
What are other people doing?
When I did mine- I selected volunteer. I know what you mean by that tho. I just chose "volunteer" because it made the most sense out of the 3 options I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if it looks bad if we check off "no" to the question, "can we contact this organization" under the experience section on OptomCAS? I was thinking of checking off "no" for some of the clubs I'm in at my college because I'm not sure whose info to put down as a contact, as well as for one of the volunteer programs I participated in. However, I'm planning to write about this volunteer program in some of my essays on OptomCAS; does anyone think it's a bad idea to withhold contact information for this program then?

Possibly, but if you don’t fill out the contact info and check “yes,” I don’t know if that would be worse than saying “no.” Was there not a designated leader/sponsor for the volunteer program that could verify what you did for them?

Since you’re writing about it in the personal essay, I would try to find he best person for them to contact.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile