Eye Jewelry?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ApplePie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been around for a while and I just had never heard of it or what, but I ran across this on the net:

http://www.niioc.nl/cei-eng.htm

Tell me, have you guys heard of this? Know anyone who has one? I'm quite curious...

Members don't see this ad.

Oh wow.... at first I thought it was fake (the pic on the website looks like someone edited it) but the video looks too real. Why would anyone want to have a heart in their eye?

Looking at the video reminds me of why I don't want to become an ophthalmologist, haha.

This has been around a few years ... it doesn't seem to have caught on though. I've only ever seen it on that one exact same picture every time. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I haven't seen anyone with them. Although, they do look pretty cool. Do you think that you could feel it in your eye?

All I can say is wow. In the art industry this could all be new interesting ideas. I think that Michael Jackson's contacts in Thriller had an impact on cosmetic color lenses that we dispense today (and can do pretty well I'm told.) I'm not sure what future these ideas have but maybe they will help bring along some other innovations. I think its great that people are showing an interest in glasses and new ideas like this