eye sight waiver

Started by ek6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ek6

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I just had my HPSP physical last week and was "disqualified", but "recommended a waiver" for my eyesight (contact lens prescription is a -6.0),which is terrible. I was just wondering if anyone else had any real trouble getting around this. I'm planning on going into the army branch.
 
Minus 6?!!?!?! HA! I'm a - 9.5 and they let me in. Not only will they waive you, but once you're done with residency and being a "real doc" the Army will LASIK or LASEK you (or whatever the hot new corrective surgery is 10 years down the road). I haven't done it yet but it's on my "to do" list.