Eyesight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HoneyBadger7

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it possible to serve as a doctor in the Army with nearsightedness LE : -6,0 D and RE: -5,0 D, or it's necessary to udergo vision correction surgery ?
 
Is it possible to serve as a doctor in the Army with nearsightedness LE : -6,0 D and RE: -5,0 D, or it's necessary to udergo vision correction surgery ?
I can't recognize my wife at 10ft without glasses and I was accepted
 
Sounds good to me 😀 Thanks for response, I was thinking bout that vision surgery but more I know about possible complications, less I want to undergo that procedure
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can't get it through WRESP? I had PRK last year, cost me nothing through the Army. I just had to have my wife drive me to a different MEDDAC that actuallyhas the equipment (pre and follow-up done here).

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
Does guard qualify for that?