F-1 Visa Holder - Which Schools Should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioPlum

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm an international student who would be an F-1 Visa holder if I attended med school in the US. I know that most schools wouldn't consider my application solely based on that fact. I've seen a few websites that say that they accept F-1 visa holders in rare circumstances - would it make sense to even apply to places like that, or should I put all my time and effort into schools that will for sure consider me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was on the same boat like you years ago. The only way is to contact every school you're interested in and make your own list (some schools said no on website but if you're good enough, you will be the exception). A lot of work ahead if this is really the career to pursue. PM me if any question.

Reactions: 1 user
I was on the same boat like you years ago. The only way is to contact every school you're interested in and make your own list (some schools said no on website but if you're good enough, you will be the exception). A lot of work ahead if this is really the career to pursue. PM me if any question.

OK, gotcha. Thank you so much for your response!