F on transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakersbaby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a post bac student I was a cs major and decided to pursue medical school after i got my bachelors. i wasnt really serious about school until then. since that time i have gotten straight As and i got a 11 11 11 on my MCAT. the question is that my sophomore year i was a lazy bum and i was getting like a C- in my class and then missed a midterm and got an F. i retook the class and did okay on it. how bad is this going to look? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. Admission committees love upward trends and learning from your mistakes stories. Straight As and your solid MCAT will more than compensate for a single F.

Dr Durden said:
You'll be fine. Admission committees love upward trends and learning from your mistakes stories. Straight As and your solid MCAT will more than compensate for a single F.

Then they'll love me :thumbup:
I'm all about learning from your mistakes...

It's most likely not a deal breaker. I've got a similar background (IT to MD) and had way more to overcome than it sounds like you do. It wasn't even brought up in interviews.