F with cheating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usf2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got caught cheating in class, undergraduate, and received an F with cheating on my transcript, if I get a master do you think I would be able to get into medical school, do you think i should get a science or non science master

Members don't see this ad.

I got caught cheating in class, undergraduate, and received an F with cheating on my transcript, if I get a master do you think I would be able to get into medical school, do you think i should get a science or non science master

As adcoms we mainly look at your undergrad transcript.

Does your school have a "probation" period where after X number of years this F with cheating will be removed? If not, it will be a big hindrance to your application.

Does your school have a "probation" period where after X number of years this F with cheating will be removed? If not, it will be a big hindrance to your application.

Even if they removed it from his transcript, wouldn't OP still have to talk about it on his AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)

You're done.

An academic dishonesty mark is a serious plague to any application almost everywhere.

It's going to be a huge red flag for ANY graduate school application, much less medical school.

oooooh you're in trouble!!!!

Yes, he still has to disclose it as IA, but the fact that its on his transcript will make it appear much more serious than just those ones that is on the student's conduct file.

How does getting a masters make a record of cheating okay? :confused:

How long ago was this?

How did you get caught? Can you explain the story more thoroughly?

Members don't see this ad :)
OP is trolling.

In another thread he started recently he claims he is about to enter college, so how could he possibly have already gotten caught cheating in college.

I start college in Fall and would like to know should I start volunteering for my first 2 years then in my last 2 year shadow or should I wait until my last two years to volunteer and shadow, which would look best for med school.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=846285

Thxs for calling me a troll but I am not a share this account with my friend.

So explain the details of getting caught.

You also realize that setting an SDN account is free, right?

Ever notice how when a user gets caught in a lie through their post history they usually claim to share their account with a sibling/friend/family dog? :rolleyes:

You have just destroyed any chance you had of getting into medical school. You will never be a doctor.

i think the f stands for "f*cked"

im sorry, op

What can actually warrant an academic dishonesty written on the transcript? Writing on your hand? Taking answers from another student? Using your phone? I know these are all signs of poor conduct and behavior, but quite honestly they seem a little "light" to ruin a career.

Even if they removed it from his transcript, wouldn't OP still have to talk about it on his AMCAS?

If there is no real evidence, then probably not. Some things are better to be swept and kept under the rug.

What can actually warrant an academic dishonesty written on the transcript? Writing on your hand? Taking answers from another student? Using your phone? I know these are all signs of poor conduct and behavior, but quite honestly they seem a little "light" to ruin a career.

Well, just enough of those infractions is enough to call into question every other academic accomplishment. Was this an isolated incident or has the person been doing this in every class? Beyond that, you have to worry about what they'd do in the future when they're under far more pressure and there isn't a way to cheat.

You__re_Toast__by_cake_monsterr.png

You're Toast, Dude. Time to go be a janitor somewhere. If they'll let you, finish a degree in something you can live off at the bachelor's-level, because it's highly unlikely another school will ever admit you. Many community colleges would even turn you down after a documented collegiate cheating episode.

You need a cocktail of remediations including 1) the remaining part of your application be quite stellar 2) become involved in some heavy, heavy character building EC's easily beyond something as simple big brother-big sister, and preferably some that have a major ethical component to them (leadership positions in these activities would help tremendously) and 3) some time (years even) to pass in order to convincingly argue to adcoms that you have learned from your mistakes, matured over time, taught others the err of your former self, gave back to the community in penance, and have therefore changed considerably in the time passing.

This is the basic Rx for most major IA's.

Even this harsh of a punishment doesn't seem to deter many...

This is some real talk and not me condoning or suggesting anything:

If there's no record at all from the school after a period of time (my friend's college does this), who, besides a strict Catholic, would ever answer "yes" to that question?

You__re_Toast__by_cake_monsterr.png

You're Toast, Dude. Time to go be a janitor somewhere. If they'll let you, finish a degree in something you can live off at the bachelor's-level, because it's highly unlikely another school will ever admit you. Many community colleges would even turn you down after a documented collegiate cheating episode.

lol this picture is amazing

You were caught cheating but not kicked out? What kind of school do you go to? Doesn't this warrant expulsion.

If there's no record at all from the school after a period of time (my friend's college does this), who, besides a strict Catholic, would ever answer "yes" to that question?

The record may be erased from the transcript in some cases but it may remain in disciplinary/judicial files at the university. Some medical schools require a dean's certification of good conduct or an explanation letter of disciplinary records before matriculation. Plus, most schools say your degree may be revoked or you may be expelled if they ever caught omissions or lies on your application.