Facial Hair Fair Game for Clinicals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What you guys are posting is stubble. This is a beard.
beard.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
you really don't see a difference? while still not long by beard standards, the one i posted was noticeably longer than the one you posted. I'm guessing you don't keep facial hair in this general range? Maybe it's more noticeable to me because I keep mine in that general area so I've gotten more aware of the differences.
I'm more referring to looks in the photo, and his beard is longer but very well contoured.
c26-RQ11152-2-l.jpg

Heck, he could easily pass for a Surgery resident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hot.

Ana I’ll be in Chicago this weekend...

How do I find you on tinder?

Our secret word will be acetylcholine.
pm with pic + step score

RE: "pelvic fall out"

I was working with a Mayo trained female plastic surgeon today and brought up the topic of the cuffed scrubs.

She started laughing and said, "you mean to prevent pelvic fall out?"

So I guess that term really is a thing! LOL

Reactions: 8 users
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They are merely the bottom rung of good.
Bottom of the rung? So you think it's normal to rock >$150 dollar cologne on a day-to-day basis, like to classes and rotations? Because YSL ~$85 and Hermes ~$120 are pretty damn good smelling colognes. I love my YSL L'Home Libre and I' don't find a reason to spend more than that for a day-to-day cologne.

Now, you wanna talk Hermes belts, that's a different story. I have no problem dropping 1500 because I love designer ****.

Bottom of the rung? So you think it's normal to rock >$150 dollar cologne on a day-to-day basis, like to classes and rotations? Because YSL ~$85 and Hermes ~$120 are pretty damn good smelling colognes. I love my YSL L'Home Libre and I' don't find a reason to spend more than that for a day-to-day cologne.

Now, you wanna talk Hermes belts, that's a different story. I have no problem dropping 1500 because I love designer ****.

I love L'Homme Libre! $85 is pretty reasonable for good cologne though.

I have yet to see the clothing item (let alone a belt) that I would drop $1500 on. Lots of gorgeous stuff out there but...I'm not sure how much I'd have to be raking in to think that's reasonable. Maybe when I'm earning 300K a year just on the interest of what's sitting in the bank.

If you know what you're doing, you've already left hermes and ysl behind in your late teens. They're too common. You can do far better for 50-95.

The problem is that people catch on and prices shoot up, but then that's half the fun, staying ahead of the curve, some stranger saying: you smell amazing!, and you just wink and move on. And yes, for exceptional occasions, you do keep an exceptional cologne.

I could make a man look really sharp for the price of your belt, but hey, if that's what floats your boat...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I like Hermes men's cologne..it's not super mainstream, smells nice but not overly strong, etc.

Their belts are tacky. I don't care how much money I make. Not buying an ugly massive H belt.

Now a pink ostrich birkin on the other hand..... :love:

Reactions: 1 users
You're probably talking about Terre d'Hermes which is pretty ubiquitous. If you had ever come across Bel Ami, you'd remember. I actually did enjoy the lighter scents for a summer, from d'orange verte to pamplemousse rose, but a lot of them (voyager) are just meh. When I was really young, my dad wore the Rocabar aftershave balsm (not the edt) for one winter, and I suppose for that reason, that is the only Hermes scent I am particularly fond of.

As for YSL, my ex used to steal l'homme all the time, which made me stop wearing that. Libre is nothing special. I've always appreciated the original Opium, even though it was a beautiful disaster, and I do have some sentimental fondness for the old Jazz (was gifted a bottle made in the 80s/maybe early 90s), even though it wasn't very good. Can't stand the new version.

I like Hermes men's cologne..it's not super mainstream, smells nice but not overly strong, etc.

Their belts are tacky. I don't care how much money I make. Not buying an ugly massive H belt.

Now a pink ostrich birkin on the other hand..... :love:

That Birkin is gonna run you more than $1500 unfortunately. :(

If you know what you're doing, you've already left hermes and ysl behind in your late teens. They're too common. You can do far better for 50-95.

The problem is that people catch on and prices shoot up, but then that's half the fun, staying ahead of the curve, some stranger saying: you smell amazing!, and you just wink and move on. And yes, for exceptional occasions, you do keep an exceptional cologne.

I could make a man look really sharp for the price of your belt, but hey, if that's what floats your boat...

Haha those days everyone used blue Polo or whatever that was called. Then they graduated to stuff like Curve and Acqua di Gio. I'm also very picky when it comes to fragrance. I hate the strong, overpowering "spice" some colognes have, the kind that attracts old men. BTW libre is different than l'homme libre. L'homme libre is relatively new, if I remember correctly.

I love L'Homme Libre! $85 is pretty reasonable for good cologne though.

I have yet to see the clothing item (let alone a belt) that I would drop $1500 on. Lots of gorgeous stuff out there but...I'm not sure how much I'd have to be raking in to think that's reasonable. Maybe when I'm earning 300K a year just on the interest of what's sitting in the bank.
It's just a high end designer line that makes the 'best' belts out there aside from LV, which I've also invested in. Not the tacky kind, just the most basic. @fancymylotus not really sure which ones you've seen (google shows all the really huge, obnoxious ones). They don't all have large buckles. It's more of a flossy thing like wearing to clubs, that's it. My LV I can rock daily.

Haha those days everyone wear that blue Polo or whatever that was called. Then they graduated to stuff like Curve and Acqua di Gio. I'm also very picky when it comes to fragrance. I hate the strong, overpowering "spice" some colognes have, the kind that attracts old men. BTW libre is different than l'home libre. This one is relatively new, if I remember correctly.

We've had very different lives.

The iPhone is not the easiest thing to use when replying on a message board. I should probably get tap-a-talk

The iPhone is not the easiest thing to use when replying on a message board. I should probably get tap-a-talk

Not really a belt snob, @mulberry. Not even for my guy. I've seen nice men's Gucci belts I think? Beyond that, I dunno. But for myself, I'm a prada girl. I love their bags, and all the prada shoes I have, from the flattest to the highest heels, are all consistently super comfortable and pretty.

I like dresses and high heels...and in the winter I switch to spandex pants and sweaters. I need to stop being such a girl.

fine lotus!! a little more original is issey miyake and hanae mori. def check those out!:)

When I look at that, all I see is Dolores Umbridge.

Had to Google that.

You'd have to be very young and very white for that bag to suit you.

Really? Until celebrities and models started carrying Birkins again recently they were considered a bit "mumsy", at least a very rich one.

I'd love one but $30K is a bit rich for me.

Really? Until celebrities and models started carrying Birkins again recently they were considered a bit "mumsy", at least a very rich one.

"Mumsy" is hardly a fashion sense one wants to emulate :). Your comment makes me think we have the same opinion of the bag, but then I don't know why you'd want one...

"Mumsy" is hardly a fashion sense one wants to emulate :). Your comment makes me think we have the same opinion of the bag, but then I don't know why you'd want one...
No I don't think we have the same opinion.

I said "until models and celebrities started to carry them" they were mumsy.

They were cool when they first came out 30+ years ago when the preppy/WASPy style was in; that faded with grunge styles of the 90s which is when they were thought to be "mums" (like a lot of earlier styles) and they became cool again in the early 00s.

I'm a WASPy woman with a neo-classic style who also happens to love pink and expensive bags and shoes.

Reactions: 2 users

They were cool when they first came out 30+ years ago when the preppy/WASPy style was in; that faded with grunge styles of the 90s which is when they were thought to be "mums" (like a lot of earlier styles) and they became cool again in the early 00s.

I'm a WASPy woman with a neo-classic style who also happens to love pink and expensive bags and shoes.

And this is why I <3 you. :D

Ah. I didn't know that.

I think the bag is garish. Strikes me as something either a young girl would have in an attempt to look more mature. Meh, what do I know?

Pink is fine. I love pink on women. but pink in that texture/size/shape?

Ah. I didn't know that.

I think the bag is garish. Strikes me as something either a young girl would have in an attempt to look more mature. Meh, what do I know?

Pink is fine. I love pink on women. but pink in that texture/size/shape?
Well you are talking to a woman with dozens of bags, many in the Birkin style and 7 of them are hot pink/fuschia. After awhile, brown and black just get boring. Did you dislike my hot pink butterfly Sophia Webster shoes too? ;)

Here's Victoria Beckham with her Birkin bags: http://cyclonecindy.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/picture-20.png

Well you are talking to a woman with dozens of bags, many in the Birkin style and 7 of them are hot pink/fuschia. After awhile, brown and black just get boring. Did you dislike my hot pink butterfly Sophia Webster shoes too? ;)

Here's Victoria Beckham with her Birkin bags: http://cyclonecindy.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/picture-20.png
Not a fan :(

My favourite colour on a woman is green. Red and Black tie for second place, and blue takes third.

Not a fan :(

My favourite colour on a woman is green. Red and Black tie for second place, and blue takes third.

<shrug> To each his own. I've never been called gaudy (AFAIK).

As for color, that depends on coloring. Not everyone looks good in green, or red, or black, right?

<shrug> To each his own. I've never been called gaudy (AFAIK).

As for color, that depends on coloring. Not everyone looks good in green, or red, or black, right?

Heh. No, i mean they're my favorite colours on women. I also like pink, yellow, etc. Also, I called the bag garish, not you gaudy :)

In the end, I suppose it might have to do with complexity and novelty like you said. You have so many that you're bored with the classics, and I haven't had many, so I'm still enamored of them.

Last edited:
Heh. No, i mean they're my favorite colours on women. I also like pink, yellow, etc.

I understand that - my point was that while you may prefer green, not all skin tones can wear green. I happen to look horrible in yellow.

Also, I called the bag garish, not you gaudy :)
I also understand that - many would link garish and gaudy together as synonymous.

In the end, I suppose it might have to do with complexity and novelty like you said. You have so many that you're bored with the classics, and I haven't had many, so I'm still enamored of them.

Certainly it can be about variety. I have many many brown and black bags and shoes and use them often. But its also nice to have a hunter green bag or a nice red tote to brighten things up but I'm not bored with the classics. The more outré ones to tend to be conversation starters in the office and I like to think, help endear me to the patients. I might wear bright things but never outlandish or garish. Its a statement about success and that appeals to patients.

Here's the bag I used today: simple but not bland - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=98286478

Reactions: 1 users
Yes…love love love me some taupe. I frequently wear it on my toes since it does tend to go with so much. I'm also a big olive green wearer (clothes, not nails so much). Because of the OR I can't polish my fingernails. :(

Oh the sacrifices of medicine.