FAER MSARF summer program - what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

artdr

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to read! I am an OMS-1 interested in anesthesiology. I am thinking about applying to the FAER MSARF summer research program. I was wondering if the program typically takes DO students. Would a low MCAT score affect my chances? I am in good academic standing at my medical school. I would appreciate any advice from previous applicants on how I can stand out in my application!

Thanks!
 
I briefly looked into them and I don't think they look at MCAT, do they?

Either way, it's worth applying. The worst they can say is no. Just articulate yourself well and your interests.
 
I've seen a handful of DOs get into FAERS and that was just from one school, so I assume there'd be more.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

Thank you for taking the time to read! I am an OMS-1 interested in anesthesiology. I am thinking about applying to the FAER MSARF summer research program. I was wondering if the program typically takes DO students. Would a low MCAT score affect my chances? I am in good academic standing at my medical school. I would appreciate any advice from previous applicants on how I can stand out in my application!

Thanks!
They definitely take DO students! I don't think they weigh the MCAT heavily, but it's pretty holistic. I was accepted this year at a major research institution and my main focuses that I think helped me were 1)research experiences/pubs 2) a letter of recommendation that can speak about your research capabilities 3) well-written essays 4)regional ties

don't quote me about regional ties, but personally, decent chunk of students match at a school they either did research at, went to school at, or close-by
 
Last edited: