FAFSA and Health Professions Student Loan

Started by Cassiya
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cassiya

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I know now that you need your parent's tax information for the Health Professions Student Loan (HPSL), but I did not include the information on my first submission. Would I still be eligible if I corrected my FAFSA with my parent's information?

I did not include it in the first place because my mother was unemployed all of 2012 with her unemployment beginning in late 2011, so I could not use her tax information provided in the 2011 FAFSA as an estimate for this year's FAFSA and I thought it would be okay to correct the FAFSA later once I knew what to put.

Thanks for your help!
 
Yes, correct your FAFSA asap. Just to be sure, contact the financial aid department of your school and advise them you have submitted a correction so as to be eligible for the HPSL. Good Luck!
 
I see that the OP is a pharm student. Are Osteopathic Med students eligible for HPSL?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad