FAFSA Housing Plan Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EuanF

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

While filling the FAFSA for this year, I came upon the "Housing Plan" question, which asks you to denote "on campus/"off campus"/living with a parent as your housing plan for the school year. I've searched up a couple threads here but have been unable to find a definitive answer (and I apologize if I'm missing something very obvious). Since I don't know exactly which of my prospective medical schools' housing offers are officially "on" vs. "off" campus, is there an option I should default to?

In other words, do any of these three options affect the financial aid outcome?
 
I don't think this matters for med students. Put off-campus as that's the most likely scenario.