goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
Should I put myself as undergrad or grad student on the FAFSA if I'm going to pharmacy school next year? The bad part of being a grad student is the financial aid is mostly loans. I'm just a sophomore, so I have 2 more years of undergrad elgibility left, but I'm afraid that I'm not gonna get enough money if I put undergrad. Does anyone know?
 

Betty'sBeast

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2004
153
0
Sunny Florida
Status
goheel said:
Should I put myself as undergrad or grad student on the FAFSA if I'm going to pharmacy school next year? The bad part of being a grad student is the financial aid is mostly loans. I'm just a sophomore, so I have 2 more years of undergrad elgibility left, but I'm afraid that I'm not gonna get enough money if I put undergrad. Does anyone know?
I would contact your college and ask. I know that UF told me to put 3rd year/junior. I would assume it is the same for all pharmacy schools, but check with your school to make sure.
 

tetra327

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2005
68
0
39
Maryland
Status
Betty'sBeast said:
I would contact your college and ask. I know that UF told me to put 3rd year/junior. I would assume it is the same for all pharmacy schools, but check with your school to make sure.

Yeah,

It depends on the school but Mercer also told me to put 3rd year/junior as a P1.
 
OP
goheel

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
If I'm putting 3rd year, does that mean I'm gonna get less money because I'm in undergrad? I'm worried that I won't get enough money because pharmacy school is more expensive than undergrad.
 

Betty'sBeast

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2004
153
0
Sunny Florida
Status
goheel said:
If I'm putting 3rd year, does that mean I'm gonna get less money because I'm in undergrad? I'm worried that I won't get enough money because pharmacy school is more expensive than undergrad.
It means you will be eligible for grants, as well as loans.
 
OP
goheel

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
Betty'sBeast said:
It means you will be eligible for grants, as well as loans.
Yea, that's the good news, but will I get enough money for pharmacy school though? I'm afraid that I'll just get enough money for undergrad status. Supposedly, pharmacy school is more expensive.
 

mahishrimp

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
56
0
Status
I checked the USC website. They said that pharmacy program should be considered as graduate school.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/pharmd/fa/materials.html

According to their website:
"All students entering the School of Pharmacy are considered graduate students due to the fact that they must have completed a minimum of 90 semester units prior to enrollment."
 
OP
goheel

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
mahishrimp said:
I checked the USC website. They said that pharmacy program should be considered as graduate school.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/pharmd/fa/materials.html

According to their website:
"All students entering the School of Pharmacy are considered graduate students due to the fact that they must have completed a minimum of 90 semester units prior to enrollment."
I think each school has different policy. At my school, you will be classified as a 3rd year if you don't have your degree, which means you'll get grants, but I'm worrying that I won't get enough money because I'm an "undergraduate".