ucsf pharmd question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J L

Reaction score
hello! i am an international student studying at a college in the US. my dream is to get into ucsf pharmd program. what should i do to increase my chance to get into the program? i am really nervous about it because i heard that uc schools doesn't really accept international students. i would love to hear about accepted students' experiences and their stats. any other insight would be so helpful too. thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

hello! i am an international student studying at a college in the US. my dream is to get into ucsf pharmd program. what should i do to increase my chance to get into the program? i am really nervous about it because i heard that uc schools doesn't really accept international students. i would love to hear about accepted students' experiences and their stats. any other insight would be so helpful too. thank you!

Whats your experience in pharmaceuticals? As long as you have some experience you will be able to get in any school.
If your GPA is above 3.0

Whats your experience in pharmaceuticals? As long as you have some experience you will be able to get in any school.
If your GPA is above 3.0
I am a rising sophomore and I have a 3.7. But I am extremely worried about stuff like orgo and biochem. I am doing a short lab intern during the summer and I got certified as a pharm tech.

If your GPA is above 3.0
Are you on crack? UCSF gives preference to California residents; I'm doubtful a 3.0 from a California resident even gets an interview.

I am (was way back) an international student, or immigrant. With respect to your dream of Pharm.D., what would you do with the degree? Are you planning to stay, move forward from the J visa, try for an H visa? Get a work sponsorship?
Not throwing shade at your UCSF dream, but there are 100 other options to get your Pharm.D., and if you are going back home, it will not matter where you got the Pharm.D.

Reactions: 1 user