Fafsa questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

determined1985

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When filling out my FAFSA, I know I need to list the school I was accepted at.

But do I list the schools I was waitlisted (post-interview) at? What about the schools I have yet to hear anything from (pre-interview)? Or do I only add those schools if I happen to be accepted later on??

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

When filling out my FAFSA, I know I need to list the school I was accepted at.

But do I list the schools I was waitlisted (post-interview) at? What about the schools I have yet to hear anything from (pre-interview)? Or do I only add those schools if I happen to be accepted later on??

Thanks everyone!

List every school that you have a snowball's chance in hell of being accepted to :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, what he said. You should have had FAFSA done for awhile (like a month ago), as for some schools priority dates have already passed. Get on that ASAP

Can schools see what other schools you have listed, if any?

And if a school hasn't received a FAFSA from you, does that affect your chances of admission?

Can schools see what other schools you have listed, if any?

And if a school hasn't received a FAFSA from you, does that affect your chances of admission?
I don't know about on your FAFSA, but that is irrelevant. I believe the dates are as follows

On or after March 15, a school that has accepted you can see what other schools you have been accepted to

On or after May 15 any schools that you are still are waitlisted at can see what schools you've been accepted to.

Might want to do a quick search of AMCAS website or these forums to corroborate.

It will not affect your chances of admission. However, if you file your FAFSA after the priority date, the school can no longer guarnatee that you will have your financial aid information (scholarships and whatnot) before May 15, the date by which you may only have one acceptance. This is a BIG factor as of course you want to know what kind of financial aid all the schools are going to give you and compare them before you commit yourself to one school.

I don't think you will have any difficulty securing the loans though.

At this point, I wouldn't bother with any schools you haven't interviewed at. It's April 1... I think like 2 schools are still interviewing. But you should send it to those schools that you haven't heard from post-interview (though, again, those should be few and far between), and schools you're waitlisted at, in addition to those you're accepted to.

The priority deadline at the school I'm going to is today, but I couldn't get all my materials in to them today (long story, but my mom hasn't done her taxes yet because she's currently in Iraq). The financial aid officer told me not to worry about it, to just get everything else in, because I was definitely going there. Not sure how much it'll hurt my chances of getting scholarships and whatnot (which I probably didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting anyway, since my mom makes a fair amount of money, unless her w-2 doesn't show any of her non-taxed income), but at least I don't have to stress over it.