FAFSA School Codes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Larsitron

Mac Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I may be a little paranoid, but I don't want to biff my FAFSA application...

When you use FAFSA's own lookup tools, most universities only have one code, while some have codes specific to their med schools. I just wanted to make sure that if a school had a code specific to its med school, the search tool will find it. It did so for Case, which has multiple codes making it easy for me to choose the right one as medicine is clearly labeled, but only gave me one code for the whole school at the University of Arizona, University of Rochester, and Boston U...I should be trusting what the search tool shows right?

Members don't see this ad.

Larsitron said:
So, I may be a little paranoid, but I don't want to biff my FAFSA application...

When you use FAFSA's own lookup tools, most universities only have one code, while some have codes specific to their med schools. I just wanted to make sure that if a school had a code specific to its med school, the search tool will find it. It did so for Case, which has multiple codes making it easy for me to choose the right one as medicine is clearly labeled, but only gave me one code for the whole school at the University of Arizona, University of Rochester, and Boston U...I should be trusting what the search tool shows right?

The schools that only have one code share it between all the colleges in that university. Yes, you can trust it.

Yeah I would trust FAFSA's codes, they should be right, go for it :thumbup: