Fafsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so FAFSA due dates are approaching and the ones who apply first generally get the most money. however, i currently have no interviews and my prospects look dismal.
i am holding out for a chance that either albany or nymc will give me a look, but i'm trying to assume i will be applying next year so that i don't drive myself crazy.
what should i do as far as the FAFSA is concerned? if i am accepted, through some unbelievable twist of events, i will need financial aid as i will be declaring myself independent (if possible), so should i just apply and put down all the schools that i might possibly attend?
also if i am not accepted i will be taking classes, but part time only, so that i can work and volunteer. so do i put down full or part time?
can anyone give me some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as i understand, you can always make corrections later. Just fill it out according to a "best case scenario" for how your 2004-2005 academic year will go, and modify later. Include all schools you applied to, or will possibly go to.

-NS

Definitely, file the FAFSA as soon as possible and go back later to make any corrections. Your original submission date is locked in; even if you make changes later, it never changes (although corrections dates are posted as such), so you want it to be as early as possible.