FAIL thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nice link!!! awesome just awesome:
fail-owned-shiny-cat-in-sauce-packaging-fail.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This page is overloaded with fail (be sure to check out all the related topics at the bottom).

For the ultimate in leet fail... 4chan/b/

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, so I found a new website of FAIL and I was actually crying I was laughing so hard. So I moved all the related posts to a new thread, here.

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/

I highly recommend the "Highest Rated Fails" on the right side. #1 is killer.

9479.jpg

Ahh glad Gutshot posted that link... I scanned a bit of that thread about the pre-med cheater. I'd like to dedicate this to him/her:

fail_at_failing.jpg

We must all remember, there is a great continuum between Epic Fail and Epic Win. We must always strive for Win, and avoid Fail.

DBH

BEST THREAD EVER ON SDN?

failbeaver.jpg

I highly recommend the "Highest Rated Fails" on the right side. #1 is killer.
Oh my god I was crying I was laughing so hard. I love the guy's determination to just irritate the crap out of someone.

okay okay, must catch my breath, I got coffee on my shirt with this one:
roflbot-gifx.jpg

okay okay, must catch my breath, I got coffee on my shirt with this one:
roflbot-gifx.jpg

Well they do refer to swaddled babies as baby burritos...
:rolleyes:

That must have been some giant burrito!

The picture before is sad... all that wasted Grolsch...

Well they do refer to swaddled babies as baby burritos...
:rolleyes:

That must have been some giant burrito!

We need more surgical pathology FAIL.

We do need more pathology fail. Hard to come up with much more than the positive margin surgical fail though.

sarcomafail.jpg

I was bawling in tears after seeing that picture.

But then the surgical FAIL and chemotherapy FAIL made that stop.

yaah, you have a lot of time on your hands today. Go start that private practice job now! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
AP enterprise: Activists complain that tobacco settlement money is being squandered

the billions that began flowing from cigarette makers to the states a decade ago also helped outfit the niagara county, n.y., golf course with new carts and sprinklers. And the money has gone toward college scholarships in michigan, tax breaks in illinois and ohio, a dog catcher in lincoln, neb., and jails and schools elsewhere around the country.

Of the $61.5 billion divided among 46 states between 2000 and 2006, only 30 percent was spent on health care, according to federal government accountability office data analyzed by the associated press. Less than 4 percent went to anti-smoking efforts.

Government fail!

lol, i gotta good one im trying ot track down

Spectacular, and very public, pathology fail, please read these in the order they’re listed…

I am always surprised when journals actually print stuff like this, but it is interesting. I remember one that I randomly encountered a couple of years ago, it reference a Human Path article, here

To the Editor:

I was disappointed to read the study by Naeem et al[1] on c-kit expression in small cell lung carcinoma and its implications for prognosis. The studied neoplasms were from patients with all disease stages, including IA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, and IV. The authors did not state whether these stages were clinical or pathologic. The use of adjuvant therapy varied and appeared to be unrelated to disease stage. Scoring criteria of c-kit expression were arbitrarily devised by the authors. The authors found that c-kit expression had a significant association with survival on univariate analysis. No multivariate statistical analyses that included adjuvant therapy, age, or disease stage were reported. Based on the results of a single univariate analysis, the authors concluded that c-kit was associated with survival. The authors then used this conclusion to suggest that “clinical trials may be considered for selected small cell carcinoma patients with c-kit expression.”

The authors, in my opinion, fell far short of providing sufficient, clear, strong evidence to substantiate their conclusions and claims, especially pertaining to the initiation of clinical studies. I also question and chastise the reviewers and the editor for the scrutiny given to this study when it was under review. Studies with this number of gaping methodology flaws and overstated conclusions have no place in reputable pathology journals.

Neal S. Goldstein MDa

a William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, USA

Would have been perfect if he just ended the letter with FAIL. I don't know if I would ever have the balls to write such a letter to an editor.

I am always surprised when journals actually print stuff like this, but it is interesting. I remember one that I randomly encountered a couple of years ago, it reference a Human Path article, here

Would have been perfect if he just ended the letter with FAIL. I don't know if I would ever have the balls to write such a letter to an editor.

Crappy science is everywhere, and it is up to the reviewers and editor to run defense and prevent this kind of garbage from making it to press. Both the article and the letter were amusing.

Not citing someone elses work (even out of ignorance) is somewhat different, but it still reflects poorly on the reviewers & the editor.