• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

thewendster

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I have a similar question.. the class for me is not a pre-req, it's an art history class. However I graduated from college and finished that class nearly 5 years ago. If i were to retake that class, it would still be on my college transcript. but would it still show up when calculated for a MD program>?

About the Ads

Byronsgoat

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Alps
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If you did poorly in a prerequisite, you should take it again. There are stories of success with poor grades on their transcripts (I know a successful ER doc who told me he got a D in Orgo), but these people are rare. My advice is to take this course again.

If the course is not a pre-req and some time has elapsed, leave it be. You prove your mettle by acing your pre-reqs and demonstrating success in the nearer term. I had some poor non pre-req grades on my undergrad transcript from freshman year. When I applied to medical school at age 35 it didn't seem to matter.

myKuduSlewaZulu

Kiss my 6 glutes Ike
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2003
Tx
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
I got a D in Orgo I. I retook it and got an A. No one mentioned it to me in the interviews and I ended up being accepted.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.