Failed Clerkships... what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firin_ma_laza

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got failed evals on 2+ clerkships. Always asked for feedback, stuff to do, and get confirmation during midpoint and end that im at where im supposed to be for MS3, but keep getting failed evals! Never argued with pts or staff, never broke sterile field, pass my shelfs, always on-time, tried to improve my presentation, ddx, etc based on feedback throughout. I tend get lost at beginning but that's everyone and i always try contribute. Directors refuse to change my grade. What gives? probably be out of med school with meeting comin up =(

Members don't see this ad.

Got failed evals on 2+ clerkships. Always asked for feedback, stuff to do, and get confirmation during midpoint and end that im at where im supposed to be for MS3, but keep getting failed evals! Never argued with pts or staff, never broke sterile field, pass my shelfs, always on-time, tried to improve my presentation, ddx, etc based on feedback throughout. I tend get lost at beginning but that's everyone and i always try contribute. Directors refuse to change my grade. What gives? probably be out of med school with meeting comin up =(

Fail one rotation, maybe you got a malignant attending. Fail multiple rotations and you're doing something wrong. Either you're doing something very wrong and not aware of it, what you think is expected of you and what is actually expected of you aren't matching up, or you're leaving something out of this story. Unless you're the unluckiest med student at the most malignant program, there's no way you're getting failed for no reason.