Failed COMLEX 1 - need advice (live classes, online classes)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOstudent9999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I failed comlex 1. Got a 320. Have always been interested in family med. Yes, the score is very bad. I need advice on what to do. I lack a good foundation and feel I need a structured program. Considering USMLE Success Academy, PASS, Kaplan course. I am not taking any risks my second attempt. Does anyone have any advice on these programs or online courses? Or other programs?

First time around I went through FA at least once really really well and 2x or 3x on certain subjects (repro, neuro, micro, renal), some pathoma (but I was not a big fan of this), USMLERx (this was not very helpful in my opinion), DIT, sketchyMicro (loved this for micro). 900 Uworld questions (average 48%), 1200 combank (average 55%), 400 comquest (average 62%), 500 usmleRX (40% because I did these in January and february with not too much studying)
- Took notes in FA book

UWorld was great but I don't think I had the necessary foundation and test taking skills to get the most out of Uworld. When I get a question right, it was because either I knew it or because I guessed. Rarely was I able to think my way through it. This is why I think a structured program would help me tremendously.

COMSAE D: 340 (9 weeks out)
COMSAE C: 325 (8 weeks out)
COMSAE E: 320 (7 weeks out)
COMSAE E: 420 (5 weeks out)

Comlex score: 320
- My experience, I don't think I had much issues with timing but I wasn't able to review questions that I marked. At least I was able to finish each question. I felt like there were so many questions I knew 6 or 7 weeks ago but I didn't review enough to remember on test day.

I would like to take the test again on 10/17. Because too much time and I forget stuff I learned in the beginning.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

How was your retake? Neuro, repro, pharm, micro?

Thank you for helping me as another retaker.