Sep 2, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi,

I failed comlex 1. Got a 320. Have always been interested in family med. Yes, the score is very bad. I need advice on what to do. I lack a good foundation and feel I need a structured program. Considering USMLE Success Academy, PASS, Kaplan course. I am not taking any risks my second attempt. Does anyone have any advice on these programs or online courses? Or other programs?

First time around I went through FA at least once really really well and 2x or 3x on certain subjects (repro, neuro, micro, renal), some pathoma (but I was not a big fan of this), USMLERx (this was not very helpful in my opinion), DIT, sketchyMicro (loved this for micro). 900 Uworld questions (average 48%), 1200 combank (average 55%), 400 comquest (average 62%), 500 usmleRX (40% because I did these in January and february with not too much studying)
- Took notes in FA book

UWorld was great but I don't think I had the necessary foundation and test taking skills to get the most out of Uworld. When I get a question right, it was because either I knew it or because I guessed. Rarely was I able to think my way through it. This is why I think a structured program would help me tremendously.

COMSAE D: 340 (9 weeks out)
COMSAE C: 325 (8 weeks out)
COMSAE E: 320 (7 weeks out)
COMSAE E: 420 (5 weeks out)

Comlex score: 320
- My experience, I don't think I had much issues with timing but I wasn't able to review questions that I marked. At least I was able to finish each question. I felt like there were so many questions I knew 6 or 7 weeks ago but I didn't review enough to remember on test day.

I would like to take the test again on 10/17. Because too much time and I forget stuff I learned in the beginning.

Thanks for your help!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.