COMLEX Failed COMLEX I. Please help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ballbay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Failed by around 10 points, dropped over 100 points from my COMSAE 1 week out. Here's what you need to know:

1) COMLEX is a bad test. It doesn't predict how you'll do as a doctor, but you need to pass it to become one.
2) Don't worry about what residencies you can and can't get right now. It doesn't matter. If you're really worried know that a failed COMLEX is not the end of the world by any means. Surgery is probably out of the question, but anything else is doable.
3) Don't go by your score report sheet. If you failed, consider yourself weak in everything.
4) You can't get a good score without doing well on OMM.

With that being said, 5 weeks is enough time if you work your tail off. I'm planning on re-taking 8/18 and I've been studying hard for the past 4 weeks.

You need to make a plan. You also don't have time to go back and take notes anymore. Put your pens and highlighters away. Read a chapter in FA/day and do 120+ questions in uworld on just the subject of the day. You should see a steady improvement. Forget about using Combank/Comquest except for the OMM questions. You have to have OMM down cold and really own the neuro/msk/anatomy component of OMM. Focus on arm/leg/hip anatomy and know the dermatomes.

GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO THIS