Failed MS1... Repeating MS1. Now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow I just realized this is why some kid always has a massive rolled up poster around with him in my class. I could never get behind it - too much of a mess. I need concise textbook annotations, anki cards, or simply just running thru the powerpoint writing down important lines. More power to you for finding your way though. Cheers.

when you make it yourself it’s easier to decipher, but trying to read someone else’s mind map will lead you to believe it does not work. They are a powerful tool when you make them yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
when you make it yourself it’s easier to decipher, but trying to read someone else’s mind map will lead you to believe it does not work. They are a powerful tool when you make them yourself.
I just don't see how that works with board studying. But like I said, to each his or her own.

I just don't see how that works with board studying. But like I said, to each his or her own.
Don't worry, I wasn't offended. :) I have no idea how you are able to learn just by reading through things. That's part of the wonder of a healthcare team. Everyone thinks differently. If we all thought the same or learned the same, we'd miss things and patient outcomes would probably be worse. To hopefully clear it up though - boards are all about combining ALL of the information together and seeing the relationship. For people like me, the mind map allows us to make that connection and incorporate it into our critical thinking skills. Instead of a logical line like you seem to follow, my brain goes a bunch of different ways at once. I'm great with Zebras lol. Both approaches lend themselves to being an awesome doctor and being a great healthcare worker. I think it's awesome that you can just look at stuff with repetition and learn it. And I'm glad you can look at stuff in a linear way - I'll need people like that around me when I'm in practice. :) It's really kind of cool to read this thread and see how people study!