Failed NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxraj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I failed the NAPLEX:(:(:(. The exam was hard, all profiles. I used only the APHA review book. From your experience please recommend books/program I should use so that I can pass the next time around.

Members don't see this ad.

Foreign grad or US grad?

Get a prontopass kit.. study the cards and posters really hard and I guarantee you will pass. It won't make you a great pharmacist, your hard work at school and initiative is what should have done the trick. But the kit is focused on all that you need to know to pass the test.

If you want to take it one step further, you need to understand the diseases and drug mechanisms very well. So make sure you have a medical encyclopedia and one or two drug guides on your PDA to look up info as you study.

The thing about the NAPLEX is that it is heavily curved so even if you missed A LOT of questions, you still pass.

I recommend you to take passnaplexnow.com course. they will explain all disease conditions and medications very well. I took Naplex on 01-09-09, I got my result yesterday and passed it. At the day of exam I realised the best thing I had done to prepare was attending this course. I understand that There are so many patient profiles on the test, but if you take this course you will have good insight how to answer these type of questions.
To see all information for their course just go to their site,
www.passnaplexnow.com
Let me know if you have any question. I'll be glad to help you out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello RXRAJ,
I am sorry to hear that you failed the NAPLEX. I did only the APHA and all the questions that I can do. Most of the questions books comes with CD, which you can download on your computer and when you get sick of the APHA you can go to the computer and do some questions. I did study for almost 3 monthes, Well I will say the avarage is 4 hours per day ( some days more some days not even one hour ). My advise is take your time, don't rush things. Study well read the APHA as many times as you can ( or at least two times ). Another things is this forum, you will find peoples who just took the exam... Ask them. Ask them how was the exam. well you will not get the same questions but you will know how the exam looks like. Again I am sorry that you didn't pass the NAPLEX. you have 3 monthes to get the NAPLEX done and they are more than enought.
Good Luck,
Kemo

Dear all,
I passed my Naplex after failing for the first time. I must say that Naplex was tougher the second time. But, one has to keep it cool. Thanks to the forum for helping me pass. For all test takers, study really well and pray too.

For the first time, I had just used Kaplan book and brief readings of APha. But, after failing for the first time, I used Prontopass materials thoroughly and also did APHA well. I did cpr practice qs and appleton Lange for questions and answers. Prontopass helps you to recollect fast when u r in a tensed mood during exam. Specially when you have to know the dose or via what route is the medication given.

I had lot of questions on Implants, herbs, immunization, cancer drugs. Do the brand names thoroughly well and also do dosing and uses. Then, many calculations like mosm, meq, ml/ min, alligation etc. Prontopass math was really helpful. Do all the tables of Apha. I was asked interaction questions. so master those too. I was also asked questions related to clinical trials and probability and case study involving statistics for which I just did random guess.

Also, in my first test, I was asked lot of brand name questions, but in my 2nd time, i didnt get a single question on that. I was asked dosing questions. Also, do unlabelled use of a drug like for eg- Prednisone- category is steriod is used as an anti-inflammatory. However, it is also an immunosuppressant.

If you have any qs, i will be more than happy to answer.

Foreign grad or US grad?

Get a prontopass kit.. study the cards and posters really hard and I guarantee you will pass. It won't make you a great pharmacist, your hard work at school and initiative is what should have done the trick. But the kit is focused on all that you need to know to pass the test.

If you want to take it one step further, you need to understand the diseases and drug mechanisms very well. So make sure you have a medical encyclopedia and one or two drug guides on your PDA to look up info as you study.

I am selling my prontopass. It helped me score a 120. PM me.

Hello,
I really want to have your prontopass? could you pls tell me more about it? pls help. thanks a lot.
sandy