Failed NAVLE 2nd time, now PSA and CPE needed. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vet2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just failed the April 2018 NAVLE and am waiting to find out if I will lose my matched internship because of it. I am a UK graduate coming to Canada if I can keep my internship place.

Regardless, I need to write the NAVLE again (for the 3rd time) as well as do the PSA and CPE. I have NO IDEA what any of this entails besides a brief read through of the CPE 2018 manual and knowing I need to pass the PSA before starting CPE. Do you need to do the PSA/CPE before re-taking the NAVLE or do you just need to get it all done in order to qualify?

Any help or guidance on this situation would be more than appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just failed the April 2018 NAVLE and am waiting to find out if I will lose my matched internship because of it. I am a UK graduate coming to Canada if I can keep my internship place.

Regardless, I need to write the NAVLE again (for the 3rd time) as well as do the PSA and CPE. I have NO IDEA what any of this entails besides a brief read through of the CPE 2018 manual and knowing I need to pass the PSA before starting CPE. Do you need to do the PSA/CPE before re-taking the NAVLE or do you just need to get it all done in order to qualify?

Any help or guidance on this situation would be more than appreciated.
Different bodies take these two exams NAVLE & CPE/PSA. You have to pass PSA before CPE. You can take NAVLE before PSA/CPE or first PSA/CPE and then NAVLE.
Since you are in Canada, it will take long time to register and pass those tests, too many candidates and very few centers/seats. I will advise you to register with AVMA (USA) too and try to get PSA/CPE dates in USA (Vagas/Mississipi).