Failed NBDE 1 timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Storyofmylifes

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I failed NBDE 1 the first time I took it. That was about a year ago and haven’t found the time to take it again. Now it’s 3rd year and WREB is right around the corner and I know I need to take NBDE again. My question is, what happens if I fail again? If I fail a second time and have to wait 6 months before taking it again, results probably wouldn’t be out yet for the third time before WREB. I’ve been looking for answers online but can’t seem to find any. Will they let me take WREB if I haven’t passed boards part one yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm surprised your school has let you go this long without retaking it. I would speak to someone in administration at your school about this.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t know if WREB is NBDE dependent, but don’t you need to take part 2 soon too?

I'm surprised your school has let you go this long without retaking it. I would speak to someone in administration at your school about this.
Hi guys! Does anyone know the policy if we were to fail the test 5 times?? Can we still re-take?