Failed Organic Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prepharmacy123

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a D in organic chemistry, but repeated and got an A. My GPA's still a 3.5, but I also have a few C's. Anyone get in with similar or worse records?
 
Yeah, I got in this cycle with those kinds of grades (lower cGPA though). I had really great LoRs, extracurriculars, and experience to make me look more appealing than my grades did, though. I got a D in organic II the first time I took it and was fine with my retake. 🙂
 
your title and contents are confusing lol...so at the end, you passed your orgo. Yes I had one F in Bio and one D in Cell Bio..then repeated. I got accepted to all schools that I went for interview still.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have a 3.5 GPA and you re-took org chem and got an A and are freaking out about getting in?????????????????
If your GPA is a 3.5 you have a great chance at getting in, no need to be scared (unless of course you got Cs in every pre-req class, then it may be a little more difficult).
 
Okay you failed o chem. Everyone messes up at one point. You retook it and got an A. Great. In the end, you have a 3.5 GPA, a GPA that many people wish they had.

All I can say is that you should forget pharmacy school. Just burn your application immediately. /sarcasm

On a serious note, you're fine. Don't fret too much.