Failed Organic Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharmacy123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a D in organic chemistry, but repeated and got an A. My GPA's still a 3.5, but I also have a few C's. Anyone get in with similar or worse records?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I got in this cycle with those kinds of grades (lower cGPA though). I had really great LoRs, extracurriculars, and experience to make me look more appealing than my grades did, though. I got a D in organic II the first time I took it and was fine with my retake. :)

Reactions: 1 user
your title and contents are confusing lol...so at the end, you passed your orgo. Yes I had one F in Bio and one D in Cell Bio..then repeated. I got accepted to all schools that I went for interview still.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a 3.5 GPA and you re-took org chem and got an A and are freaking out about getting in?????????????????
If your GPA is a 3.5 you have a great chance at getting in, no need to be scared (unless of course you got Cs in every pre-req class, then it may be a little more difficult).

Okay you failed o chem. Everyone messes up at one point. You retook it and got an A. Great. In the end, you have a 3.5 GPA, a GPA that many people wish they had.

All I can say is that you should forget pharmacy school. Just burn your application immediately. /sarcasm

On a serious note, you're fine. Don't fret too much.