Failed step 2 CS, help!

Started by vbgal41
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vbgal41

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking for some advice here. Failed the CIS portion of Step 2 CS. I've talked things over with the deans of my school, advisor, etc. and I'm confident I can pass the second time.

Scheduled my test for late December so I will take the test in time to have a pass for the rank list submission. BUT:

1) Will programs actually ask for it? Some say on their websites that they need it for ranking. My step 2 CK is solid (250) and is already in.

2) if I decide to release it, looks like it will be all or nothing, can't just decide to release it to some schools but not others. So should I just stay silent? Or will this impact how programs rank me if they see a fail?

Would appreciate any advice of people who have had this same scenario. I've calmed down a bit but I'm still pretty stressed out and now a little worried about matching! I'm trying to match into an average specialty, nothing too competitive (not psych or fam med- I know they care about CS more).