Sep 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just found out that I failed Texas MPJE for the second time. I used the Ultimate Guide which was helpful but still don't know why I got the same score even though I studied harder. I didn't go to school here and had little work experience. It sucks to feel that I'm so close to be done with all of this and get a job, but I'm hopeless now .... Any help would be much appreciated.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
Removed
Account on Hold
7+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
i studied from that book too and barely passed. i came out of the exam noticing a lot of important info the book did not cover. for example, when does a control scripts expire? 21 days? 61 days? 91 days? 361 days? the book did not freakin mention. u need a second study source. and ask your classmates for their notes..

PharmD500

2+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2017
Status
Pharmacist
When I took it, I just read the laws on the Texas BOP website. I passed easily. I didn't go to school in Texas or work in Texas before that. I've done that for every MPJE I took, and I've never failed.

The way I look at it is, if a law is important, they better have it on their website.

Good luck. Try reading the laws this time, and not relying only on that book. Also, read the MPJE bulletin and make sure you know the info for each bullet point.

About the Ads

PharmD500

2+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2017
Status
Pharmacist
i studied from that book too and barely passed. i came out of the exam noticing a lot of important info the book did not cover. for example, when does a control scripts expire? 21 days? 61 days? 91 days? 361 days? the book did not freakin mention. u need a second study source. and ask your classmates for their notes..
Why would he ask his classmates for notes if he didn't go to school in Texas? The notes are going to be for another state.

OP
F
Sep 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Thank you and congratulations!I used notes from a residency student as a supplement along with practice questions online. I guess I'll just study hard everyday for a month.

OP
F
Sep 22, 2017
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
When I took it, I just read the laws on the Texas BOP website. I passed easily. I didn't go to school in Texas or work in Texas before that. I've done that for every MPJE I took, and I've never failed.

The way I look at it is, if a law is important, they better have it on their website.

Good luck. Try reading the laws this time, and not relying only on that book. Also, read the MPJE bulletin and make sure you know the info for each bullet point.
Thank you! and yeah I was planning to do that too because there was a lot of info that book didn't cover. I used supplement notes from a residency student but it didn't help either.

Gombrich12

5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2013
"When I took it, I just read the laws on the Texas BOP website. I passed easily. I didn't go to school in Texas or work in Texas before that. I've done that for every MPJE I took, and I've never failed. "

That's what I did coming out of school and passed my state's law exam, but I could see how someone with very little work experience wouldn't be able to contextualize the laws they were reading.

About the Ads