Failed Twice--Anybody Tried CCS Workshops?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umsami

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, took Step III in November, failed by 3 points. I failed once before by 1 point. Am totally frustrated. Did USMLE World.... many many times... averaged in the low 50s. Did the full live intensive Kaplan review course...but that was a few years back. Amazingly frustrated and discouraged.

Was wondering if anybody had taken the Archer Live CCS Reviews... because I truly suck at those. Claims to have a 97% pass rate.

Thanks in Advance.

Members don't see this ad.

So, took Step III in November, failed by 3 points. I failed once before by 1 point. Am totally frustrated. Did USMLE World.... many many times... averaged in the low 50s. Did the full live intensive Kaplan review course...but that was a few years back. Amazingly frustrated and discouraged.

Was wondering if anybody had taken the Archer Live CCS Reviews... because I truly suck at those. Claims to have a 97% pass rate.

Thanks in Advance.

if anyone claims to have a 'pass rate' then that is shady to begin with... go for Premier Review. Kaplan does not have a CLUE what is tested on step 3, and their step 2 ck material is disorganized. It is an ok base to begin with (Step 2 ck notes) however the step 3 notes are horrid.

Am sorry that you failed twice..

Here is my advice.. Figure out what your weaknesses are and work on them. You can do this by examining your results. You mentioned CCS.
If that is your weakpoint, read up as much as you can about the scoring system. I think it is more about putting in the proper orders in a time/cost efficient manner that racks up the points.

I know for most cases that I got the first thing I did was O2, IV access, Cardiac monitor. Obviously out patient setting is different.

I think simply doing usmleworld over again will not be the best use of your time.

Am sorry that you failed twice..

Here is my advice.. Figure out what your weaknesses are and work on them. You can do this by examining your results. You mentioned CCS.
If that is your weakpoint, read up as much as you can about the scoring system. I think it is more about putting in the proper orders in a time/cost efficient manner that racks up the points.

I know for most cases that I got the first thing I did was O2, IV access, Cardiac monitor. Obviously out patient setting is different.

I think simply doing usmleworld over again will not be the best use of your time.

apparently there is new software with USMLE World, that works great with the ccs format of the real deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
CCS Workshop is great if you still havent mastered how to do the CCS. I also vouch for UW CCS, I used its trial version was great some months back. Suggestion: Start with the uw CCS then schedule a date with CCS Workshop, Dr. Red will teach you/ correct you and you can also learn from the other participants. The workshop usually has 12-15 participants and cases are discussed and you get to practice one case and observe the others.
best of luck

I am sorry to differ with Dr.Hospitalist, I am not sure if he attended Premier review CCS workshop…but I did. I liked Premier notes very much and expected the same from their CCS workshop. It really sucks and they charged me $300. The guys don’t know what they are teaching. Their notes and i heard, live reviews are good.
I eventually took Archer’s CCS Workshop, it cost me $88 and I had 12 hours continuous practice and a very superior teaching. I would rate it 5/5. I recently took oneof their rapid review, only day2 and missed day1. Did not cost me much either, just spent a $85 for that and received excellent live teaching and a lot of high yield notes. Mail me if you need some notes

It seems there are a couple of CCS Workshops. I was refering to Dr. Red's, he was the instructor. Now its called Archer's workshop.