Failing by one point/ percent....what to do!`

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEADintheCLOUDS

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well does anyone know what happens? There is a make up exam in the summer but that means goodbye summer. Which means the research i already setup i cant do because i need to study for it. What should i tell the research PI. I dont want to look stupid by saying "oh I cant do research because I failed" hell probably say well if you failed you will never make (enter competitive residency here). Also if my classmates find out that I faield they will look down on me and probably make fun of me. How can I deal with their immature remarks (and trust me there will be the remarks)

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon man. Don't be a troll.

Dude, please do not start a thread with your troll/gunner type of posts because we are tired of it. If you can't do research because you failed... well suck it up, study for your make up exam and cross fingers. You should start caring about yourself and not what other people may think. In the end, this is a race against yourself. You can do research later. Good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
HEADintheCLOUDS Hall of Fame Posts:

It is not a joke. I do want to go into either ortho/ neurosurgery. I just feel like it does translate into the real world. those 3 questions I missed what if it applies to a patient situation = i dont know the right answer and 3 people die becasue of me and my lack of knowlledge.........i guess my depression form my poor test performance lends itself to seeing myself in the future failing my patients as a doctor.

how do you guys deal with getting a score worse than what you wanted.

I just took my neuro test, thought i knew everything, was hoping for a 100% and i missed 3 questions out of 125. I know it is still a pretty good score but i got really depressed after finding this out. I guess its becasue i studied super hard and feel like i am not good/ smart enough.

How do you guys avoid this post test depression?

Well gunners try and psych out the top competition, so I guess you only see/ feel the gunnery if you are in the top competition. I guess the lowers do not see it and therefore, feel as if it doesnt exit. (make sense)

I just use my brain to memorize what I read from the book/ lecture notes. I never understood how people made cards to use to study from. It seems like a big waste of t:thumbup:me to me! Just read it and remember it from the original source.

Surgeons are held higher and are better. I am going to be a surgeon!

Okay you all can close this. I ended up not getting back in because the test I failed was the one that they caught me on camera using some hidden notes to cheat with. I am now a bum.:sleep:

Wait till you start med school. I stil feel like I am not good enough no matter how high I score on the test (last test I got a 96%). Because alas someone else scored higher and probably always will. Unfortunately you wont be the smartest anymore like you were in undergrad since everyone is super smart too! But if you just pretend that the person who got a higher score than you is a robot you will feel better!!

If you can't do research because you failed... well suck it up, study for your make up exam and cross fingers.

The above is the complete answer to the OP's question. Nothing further to add. You fail, and they are having you take a retake, you take the retake. No point researching if you are no longer in med school.

I agree with the others about the OP's rather inconsistent and less than credible posting history.

HEADintheCLOUDS Hall of Fame Posts:

snap.jpg

Did he just go from gunner to dropout?

Status
Not open for further replies.