Failure/Challenge prompt on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Topizungochico

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y’all,

I know academic obstacles are frowned upon when elaborating on failure prompts, but would it still be a faux pas to bring it up in the context of my dropping out of school and returning 3 years later to finish? I dropped out because I couldn’t manage academics and being a caretaker for my siblings when my mom was extremely ill, and it was a big obstacle to be fair because i never thought id drop out let alone take 3 years to get back to things! It was a challenge getting back into the swing of school 3 years later too. But if the prompt is asking for extra academic challenges, I don’t want to use this example!