This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diene_daily

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted a little insight on a few topics I had for my failure essay. This one has definitely stumped me the most. Not because I haven't had any failures, but just finding ones interesting enough to talk about.

1. Friendship: Visited a long-distance friend of 5 years recently, which ended on bad terms and relationship no longer exists. Learned I should be less impulsive with decisions in conflicts, but also to surround myself with genuine/mature people
  2. Camp: Volunteered at a children's camp. Was in an all-boys cabin and had trouble connecting with one of the campers, but was able to find a connection through mini-golf.
  3. Work: Almost didn't pass my fifth day of training and actually had a physician upset with me. Worked harder and now I'm two years in and have even earned two managerial positions.
  4. Death: Had a death in the family earlier this year, someone who I neglected to reach out to more. Made me become more appreciative of the people around me and staying in touch.
  5. Lost item: Friends and I went on a trip and one night I was in charge of handling the car key. It ended up being misplaced and we were stuck in the area until a replacement was expressed shipped from another state (that same day however). It was a very stressful situation, but I should have been more honest and responsible.
Are any of these sufficient or should I dig deeper? Trying to steer clear of the classic academic failures!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Just wanted a little insight on a few topics I had for my failure essay. This one has definitely stumped me the most. Not because I haven't had any failures, but just finding ones interesting enough to talk about.

1. Friendship: Visited a long-distance friend of 5 years recently, which ended on bad terms and relationship no longer exists. Learned I should be less impulsive with decisions in conflicts, but also to surround myself with genuine/mature people
  2. Camp: Volunteered at a children's camp. Was in an all-boys cabin and had trouble connecting with one of the campers, but was able to find a connection through mini-golf.
  3. Work: Almost didn't pass my fifth day of training and actually had a physician upset with me. Worked harder and now I'm two years in and have even earned two managerial positions.
  4. Death: Had a death in the family earlier this year, someone who I neglected to reach out to more. Made me become more appreciative of the people around me and staying in touch.
  5. Lost item: Friends and I went on a trip and one night I was in charge of handling the car key. It ended up being misplaced and we were stuck in the area until a replacement was expressed shipped from another state (that same day however). It was a very stressful situation, but I should have been more honest and responsible.
Are any of these sufficient or should I dig deeper? Trying to steer clear of the classic academic failures!

I like number 3

Reactions: 2 users

Are any of these sufficient or should I dig deeper?
Agree that #3 has the best potential.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I like #1. #3 is good as well.

Reactions: 1 users